DNV to Assist Statoil with Offshore Emergency Situations
DNV Consulting has secured a major contract with Statoil, assisting the Norwegian oil company in successfully managing emergency situations on four offshore installations in mid-Norway.
The contract entails work on all four of Statoil’s offshore installations on the Halten Nordland field; Heidrun, Åsgard A, Åsgard B and Norne. The scope of work includes quantitative risk analyses (QRA) and emergency preparedness analysis (EPA) and planning.
Jens Eirik Ramstad, principal consultant in DNV Consulting, is in charge of the project. "This project is a great opportunity for us, especially as it allows our consultants to work in close co-operation with the operative crew on the installations. The hands-on approach in assessing safety will give the crew every opportunity to be heard and provide us with important feedback."
Statoil confirms that it was the local representation and the DNV Safety Information Database (SID2000) that sealed their choice. The contract may also lead to work on the Kristin oil field, which is now being constructed.
Says Jens Eirik Ramstad, "We were established in Trondheim to cater to this market, and getting this contract is a milestone."
- DNV's New Jackup Rule Book Hits the Street (May 01)
- DNV Publishes Guideline to Reduce Downtime Caused by Software (Sep 10)
- DNV Improving Fiber-Mooring Design Practices (May 07)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)