StatoilHydro Cleared To Drill From Transocean Leader
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6605/8-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6605/8-2 will be drilled from the Transocean Leader drilling facility.
The drilling programme for wellbore 6605/8-2 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 283. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with 30% and Petoro AS, ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS, Chevron Norge AS, Aker Exploration AS and Centrica Resources (Norge) AS are partners with 20%, 15%, 12.5%, 12.5% and 10.00%, respectively.
The acreage in this production licence is located approximately 320 km from Sandnessjoen, 320 km from Bronnoysund and 370 km from Kristiansund. It consists of the blocks 6605/5, 6605/7, 6605/8, 6605/9 and 6606/7. Production licence 283 was awarded in 2002 in the 17th Round with Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS as operator.
Wildcat well 6605/8-2 is the second well in production licence 283.
The drilling permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling commences.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Centrica PLC more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- Gazprom Smells Opportunity as UK's Biggest Gas Store Shuts (Jun 23)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)