i-Tech To Provide Petrobras With ROVs For $30 Million
Subsea 7 Inc., through its i-Tech division, announced the award of three new contracts valued in excess of $30 million for Petroleo Brasileiro S/A -- Petrobras.
The three Petrobras contracts, offshore Brazil, are for the provision of ROVs onboard three drilling units, with a combined term of 15 years.
A new build QX 125hp ROV system will be provided onboard one of the three rigs, the first QX to be deployed on a Petrobras contract offshore Brazil.
i-Tech today also announced that it is increasing its ROV fleet and has placed an order for further new build Centurion QX deepwater work class vehicles.
The 125hp Centurion QX is rated to operate at water depths up to 2,000m as standard with options to upgrade to 3,000m and beyond. The systems will be supplied with advanced, lightweight, high performance handling systems and bespoke heavy weather launch systems.
i-Tech's Managing Director, Neil Milne, commented, "These awards further enhance our relationship with our client Petrobras. We are particularly pleased to provide our first QX system to Petrobras and securing long term work for the QX ROV systems currently in build."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: i-Tech more info
- i-Tech Wins 5-Year ROV Contract Onboard La Muralla III (Oct 22)
- Tullow Chooses i-Tech for 5-Year ROV Services at Jubilee Field (Aug 12)
- Chevron Australia Honors I-Tech with 'Outstanding Contractor Award' (Dec 03)