NEC, Petrobras Granted Green Light To Drill Offshore, South Of Manati
Norse Energy Corp, in partnership with Petrobras (Operator), Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and El Paso announce that the consortium was granted with the environmental license to drill exploration wells in the BM-CAL-6 block.
The first well (Peroba) will be drilled about 20 km offshore, in Bahia state, and about 130 km south of the Manati field. The water depth at this location is around 1170 meters and the drilling rig will be operated by Petrobras. The main target of this prospect is expected around 2800 meters of depth. Petrobras has already committed a drilling rig for this well.
Spud date and expected drilling time will be announced later.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)