Wanted: Global Market Share Of LNG, Gazprom-Style
Valery Golubev, OAO Gazprom deputy chairman, believes that his company will produce 90 million tonnes a year of LNG by 2030, reported Thomson Financial.
Golubev told Thomson reporters that Gazporm is seeking to match its LNG market share with its pipeline gas market.
In a report issued by PricewaterhouseCoopers in April 2007, LNG will account for 62% of all gas trade by the year 2020.
Russia has been building an LNG transportation fleet, courtesy of Sovcomflot shipping company. Radio Free Europe reported that in January 2007 Sovcomflot took delivery of two LNG vessels constructed by Hyundai.
In February, a deal was reached by Gazprom, Total, and Staoilhydro to develop the Shtokman field. Phase I of the project is slated to provide 23.7 Bcm/year. LNG deliveries will be ready for commencement in 2014.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)