J. Ray McDermott Awarded Chevron Platong Gas II Project
McDermott International, Inc. announced that subsidiaries of J. Ray McDermott, S.A. were recently awarded an engineering, procurement, construction and installation ("EPCI") contract by Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production for the Platong Gas II Project in the Gulf of Thailand.
The contract encompasses the full EPCI scope associated with the project's central processing platform, representing a float-over deck weight of approximately 19,000 metric tons. Additional work in the contract includes J. Ray providing EPCI services for the associated living quarters platform, flare tripod and three bridges.
"We are delighted to receive this substantial award, which signifies the beginning of a new relationship between J. Ray and Chevron in the region," said Bob Deason, Chief Executive Officer of J. Ray. "With our engineering and procurement capabilities in Singapore, our fabrication facility in Indonesia, and our regional marine construction vessels, the Platong Gas II Project takes full advantage of J. Ray's extensive capabilities and experience."
Engineering for this project has commenced at J. Ray's Singapore office, and installation is expected in the Gulf of Thailand by the end of 2010.
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)