Wood Group Wins Strategic Pipeline Contract in Arctic Russia
A consortium comprising Gazprom, Total and Statoil Hydro have awarded J P Kenny Ltd, (JPK), a subsidiary of John Wood Group PLC ("Wood Group"), a multi-million call-off contract for work on its strategic trunkline project to bring gas from the Shtokman field in the Barents Sea to Northern Russia.
For the project, currently planned to be executed over several phases, JPK is providing Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and management of all activities associated with engineering the pipeline.
Contracted to provide support throughout all phases of the project, JPK entered phase 1 of the development of the Shtokman natural gas field development in January.
Gerwyn Williams, Managing Director, J P Kenny said, "We are very pleased to have won this contract, which adds to our portfolio of cold region engineering projects. The project comprises a 600km 44-in. subsea pipeline from the Shtokman field running south to Murmansk. We will be executing the work in our London and Norwegian offices, supported by a Russian contractor, and we'll also be strengthening our presence in Russia by establishing a JPK office in St Petersburg, managed by Russian engineers."
He added, "As the industry moves into deeper water and more remote environments, we can apply our subsea engineering capabilities to help our clients commercialise the breakthrough technologies needed to economically develop these new discoveries."
For the technically challenging Shtokman project, which lies in arctic waters beyond the reach of divers, JPK will be delivering its tried and tested solutions to deepwater pipeline installation and will also be responsible for managing an extensive range of interfaces in terms of procurement, planning and compliance with Russian regulations.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)