Elixir: Pompano Drilled, Log to be Evaluated
Elixir Petroleum Limited provided an update on drilling operations on Well SL 103230 #1 ("Well #2") at the Pompano Gas Field at Brazos Block 446-L SE/4.
The operator of the Pompano Project, AnaTexas Offshore Inc, has advised that the Well #2 has been drilled to 8,627ft MD, which is approximately 200ft below the base of the 'E' sands. Due to difficult drilling conditions, the joint venture has elected to run the 5 1/2-in. liner at this depth as a contingency before drilling on to the 'F' and 'G' sand targets.
A logging run has been carried out on the 'E' sands and the 5 1/2-in. liner was being run in the hole on March 24.
The final hole section will be drilled to a revised planned depth of 9,150ft MD and the 'F' and 'G' sands will then be logged and evaluated.
Thus far Well #2 has encountered hydrocarbon bearing sands in the 6700, B, C and E sands.
Once the F and G sands have been evaluated, a completion program will be developed to optimise the production and recovery from these zones.
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: AnaTexas Offshore Inc. more info
- Preparations Advance for Pompano Workover Well (Sep 01)
- Elixir Reviews Operations at GOM's Pompano, High Island Projects (Jan 09)
- AnaTexas Prepares to Drill Ahead at Pompano Well-3 (Oct 08)