Cameron Receives Contract for EVO BOP Stack
Cameron has been awarded a contract from Songa Offshore ASA for an EVO subsea BOP stack, subsea controls, drilling riser and choke manifold. This is the third order that Cameron has received for its new EVO BOP stack.
The BOP stack order from Songa includes the EVO BOP with EVO-Loc, EVO-Con Wellhead Connector and Bi-Directional Ram. The EVO subsea BOP stack, which was introduced at the 2007 Offshore Technology Conference, is the next evolution of drilling products Cameron has designed for deepwater drilling applications.
Songa Offshore ASA is registered in Oslo, Norway. In December 2006 they entered into a contract with Odjfell Rig Limited to acquire the mid-water semisubmersible Deepsea Trym. The rig currently has a contract with Hydro, which runs to March 2009, if all options are declared. At the end of the Hydro contract, the rig will undergo several rig modifications including the Cameron EVO drilling system.
- Keppel O&M Completes Acquisition of Cameron's Offshore Product Division (May 03)
- EU Clears Acquisition Of Cameron By Schlumberger (Feb 05)
- Cameron Stockholders Vote Yes to Schlumberger Merger (Dec 17)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)