Awilco Takes Delivery of WilForce
Awilco Offshore has taken delivery of its fifth Ultra Premium jackup drilling rig. The rig has been delivered from PPL Shipyard in Singapore.
WilForce is of the Baker Marine Class 375, capable of drilling in water depths of up to 375 feet and to drill high pressure and high temperature wells down to 30,000 feet drilling depth.
In January 2008 WilForce was awarded a Notice of Tender Award from Repsol Exploration Murzuq S.A. After completion of operational preparation the rig will be delivered to Repsol for commencement of its 5 months work offshore Libya.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)