Hercules Granted Early Termination of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period
Hercules Offshore, Inc. announced that the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission have granted early termination of the government's pre-merger antitrust review of the transaction under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 in connection with the previously announced agreement to acquire three jackup drilling rigs from Transocean Inc.
The acquisition of the Adriatic III and the High Island I and related equipment has closed for an approximate cost of $220 million. The acquisition of the High Island VIII and related equipment is expected to close upon completion of its current contract in May 2008 for approximately $100 million.
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy to Cut $1.4B in Debt (Jul 20)
- Hercules Offshore Sells Jackup at 94% Loss (Jul 12)
- Hercules Offshore Lays Off 60 at Houston Headquarters (Jun 13)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)