Cairn India Arranges $625 Million Private Placement
At the time of the IPO of Cairn India in December 2006, Cairn retained a 69% holding in Cairn India. As a result of the private placement by Cairn India of approximately Rupees (Rs) 25,346 million ($625 million) with Petronas and Orient Global Tamarind Fund Pte Limited, the holding will reduce from 69% to 65%.
The proposed private placement by Cairn India requires shareholder approval which will be sought at a meeting to be held on 16 April 2008; Cairn intends to vote in favour of the proposal.
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Cairn India more info
- Sri Lanka Launches Tender To Develop Natural Gas Site In Mannar Basin (Feb 13)
- Mangala Field Hits 300 Million Barrels of Cumulative Production (Oct 20)
- Vedanta Wins Cairn Nod For BHP-Style Resources Conglomerate (Sep 13)