NOC Libya Chairman Meets with President of Petrobras
A meeting was held on March 10, 2008 between Dr. Shokri Ghanem, Chairman of NOC and Mr. Jose Sergio Gabrielli de Azevedo, President of the Brazilian Oil Company, Petrobras, who was accompanied by a number of the company's executives and the Brazilian Ambassador to Libya, H.E. Mr. Luciano Aroza. Also in attendance from NOC were, Mr. A. Mesallati, Management Committee Member for Investment & JV Follow-up, Mr. A. Aoun, Management Committee Member for Planning & Studies, Mr. M. Al-Ahwal, Manager of the Management Boards and Management Committee Affairs Dept. and Mr. A. Shebani, Chairman of the Owners' Management Committee of Petrobras-Libya.
The meeting reviewed the progress of Petrobras' activities in Libya and its future plans regarding development of its scientific activities, oil investment, training and technology transfer, especially given that Petrobras owns and manages a University in Brazil, specializing in oil & gas.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)