Total to Invest $1B to Boost Oil, Gas Output at Thai Site
The Thai unit of Total S.A. plans to invest around $1 billion to increase its oil and gas production from the Bongkot field in the Gulf of Thailand, head of Total E&P Thailand said Wednesday.
The investment will help increase oil and gas output from the Bongkot field by an average of 350 million cubic feet per day, Michael Sangster, president and general manager, told Dow Jones Newswires.
It will also extend the lifespan of the field, the country's largest natural gas resource, he added.
Total owns a 33.33% stake in the Bongkot field, while Thailand's PTT Exploration & Production PCL holds 44.44% and British Gas 22.22%.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)