Farstad Shipping Lands LOI for Platform Supply Vessel
StatoilHydro has issued a Letter of Intent to Farstad Shipping ASA for a long-term charter contract for our platform supply vessel (UT751 CD) under construction at Aker Yards Brevik. The contract is for a firm period of 5 years with charterer's option to extend the contract with 4 x 1 year options. The contract will start at the delivery of the vessel from the yard which is expected to take place in first quarter of 2009.
The Letter of Intent also includes a firm contract for the Far Symphony (PSV, Ulstein P105, 2003) as a forerunner from March 2008 until delivery of the newbuild. StatoilHydro has an option to extend this contract for 2 x 1 year.
StatoilHydro is a major and important customer for Farstad Shipping. This contract further strengthens the company's position as a long-term supplier for StatoilHydro.
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Farstad Shipping Sells AHTS Lady Sandra (Sep 27)
- Farstad Consolidates Australian Ops in Perth, Cuts 35 Jobs (Sep 21)
Company: Aker Yards more info
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)