Shell Floats Newfoundland Farm-in Opportunity at Orphan Basin
Shell Canada Energy is seeking a qualified company to carry Shell's portion of the costs associated with drilling an exploration well in the Orphan Basin to earn interest in the prosepct, reports IndigoPool.
The 2008 drilling is planned for EL-1077 and is the second exploration well in the basin. The first, Great Barasway F-66, was drilling in 2006-2007.
About 350 kilometers off the coast of Newfoundland, the eight Orphan Basin exploration licenses span approximately 21,250 square kilometers with waters ranging in depths from 1,500-3,000 meters.
Recoverable reserves are estimated at 250 to more than 750 million barrels of oil in the Orphan prospect.
Shell currently holds 20% working interest in the exploration licenses. Chevron holds 50% in the license, and Exxon Mobil and Imperial Oil both hold 15% interest and share operatorship.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: IndigoPool more info
- STEP Energy Seeks Partner for UK North Sea Tristan Re-Entry (Sep 15)
- Petro-Victory Looks for Farm-In Partner on Paraguayan Block (Jan 27)
- Mobil North Sea Offers UK Faroe/Shetland Basin Acquisition Opportunity (Aug 21)
Company: Imperial Oil more info
- Canada's Imperial Oil Posts Unexpected 2Q Loss (Jul 28)
- Imperial Oil Profit Boosted By Asset-Sale Gain (Jan 31)
- Bulk of Canada's Oil Sands Plants Seen Up in Days to Weeks (May 11)