Premier Awarded New Production Sharing Contract in Vietnam
Premier Oil reported the award of a 50% operating interest in Block 104-109/05 on the western flank of the Song Hong Basin offshore of Northern Vietnam.
A joint study between Premier and Petrovietnam has identified numerous leads on Block 104-109/05 in water depths ranging from 20 metres to 60 metres. The PSC carries a firm work commitment of seismic acquisition plus one exploration well.
Mitsui Oil Exploration Company (MOECO) has a 50% interest in the Block 104-109/05 Joint Venture. Under a farm in agreement with Premier, MOECO will carry Premier on the first exploration well drilled on Block 104-109/05.
Simon Lockett, Chief Executive commented, "Premier is building a new core business in Vietnam with oil field development underway on Block 12W, exploration drilling in Block 12W beginning in March and seismic acquisition in Block 07/03 commencing in July. The award of Block 104-109/05 adds significant prospectivity to Premier's Vietnam exploration portfolio."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)