South Korean Oil Cos. Make Move on Gulf of Mexico
The Diamond, Emerald, Gold, and Platinum areas in the Gulf of Mexico are the most recent drilling targets for six South Korean oil companies, according to a South Korean news agency.
Korea National Oil, Keangnam Enterprises, SK Gas Corporation, and three other South Korean companies are set to hold up to 30 percent in each of the areas.
Drilling is scheduled to begin in the second-half of the year. Completion of exploration is expected February 2018.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- KNOC Contracts Land Rig 'KS Discoverer 1' for Drilling in Kurdistan (Mar 18)
- KNOC Seeking to Invest in US Shale Gas (Jul 11)
- DSME Secures Rig Order for Kazakh Oil Search (Apr 16)
Company: SK Corp. more info
- Chevron Inks Gorgon LNG Supply Agreement with SK LNG Trading (Jan 21)
- Peru to Sign 20 Hydrocarbon Exploration Contracts in '10 (Dec 28)
- Yellow Lion Field Fires Up Production Offshore Vietnam (Oct 27)