Chevron Supports Point Thomson Plan of Development
Chevron U.S.A. Inc., through its Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company division, announced that it fully supports the Plan of Development (POD) submitted by ExxonMobil to the Alaska Department of Natural Resources (DNR) on behalf of the Point Thomson working-interest owners for the development of the Point Thomson Field.
Chevron has been working diligently with the other Point Thomson working-interest owners to create a compelling solution that meets the state's objectives for the responsible delineation and development of the Point Thomson resource. The owners have agreed to a new governance protocol that ensures the POD will be implemented.
The company said it believes the POD meets the stated objectives of the DNR, including delineation of reservoirs, timely production and assurance that the Point Thomson working-interest owners will be successful in realizing the field's development. The plan also positions the Point Thomson Field to contribute natural gas volumes toward major gas sales in the future.
Chevron looks forward to working with the DNR and views the POD as the best opportunity to bring the Point Thomson Field to a full and timely development in a responsible manner while preserving value for the Point Thomson working-interest owners and the state of Alaska.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)