HB Rentals Finds Regular Customers in Africa, Caspian
Offshore accommodation leader HB Rentals, a Superior Energy Services company, is delivering vital modular living area facilities to on and offshore projects in Angola and Azerbaijan through two new deals.
HB Rentals has established a new relationship in Baku with AIOC, which is renting a pair of eight-man sleeper cabins for use on the MV Pacific Raider on an initial year-long contract, with options to extend.
The cabins were the star of HB Rentals' stand at Offshore Europe in 2007, illustrating the high standard of accommodation on offer to the industry. The 32ft x 11ft linked modules are DNV 2-7.1 approved and A60 fire resistance certified – the minimum standard required by AIOC and BP in the Caspian region.
Modifications were carried out at HB Rentals' manufacturing base in Aberdeen, Scotland to ensure the cabins met AIOC's requirements before being mobilised to Baku.
The vessel is working on the CARSP project in the Chirag, Central Azeri and DWG fields and has previously been host to HB Rentals modules during another project.
Meanwhile, Expro Group has taken delivery of a 20ft x 14ft combined shower and toilet unit at its Malongo Base in Cabinda Malongo, Angola while a permanent structure is being built for its staff.
Europe and Asia sales director for HB Rentals, Craig Russell, said: "Our global operations have expanded exponentially, with Africa and Azerbaijan becoming regular destinations for our cabins.
"In 2007 we made great strides in developing our network of clients in the Caspian, with KCA Deutag, BP, Sperry Sun and NSW among the exploration and production firms renting from us.
"And we are now working with Expro group in just about every location possible in the oil and gas industry, with recent contracts in Norway, Nigeria, Perth in Western Australia, the Gulf of Mexico, Malaysia and Vietnam as well as the UK."
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)
Company: Superior Energy Services more info
- Superior Energy Eliminates Dividend (Mar 31)
- PMI Energy Services Sets Up New Shorebase in Morgan City (Oct 22)
- Oil Billionaire Hamm Sold Superior Energy Stake Citing Weak Returns (Aug 11)
Company: HB Rentals more info
- HB Rentals Expands Rental Fleet with Linkable Onshore Skids (Mar 29)
- HB Rentals Secures Middle East Work (Mar 15)
- HB Rentals Builds Custom Sleeper Offshore Brazil (Aug 30)