StatoilHydro Discovers Oil at M in the North Sea
StatoilHydro, along with its JV partners Petroro and ExxonMobil, has discovered 20-30 million recoverable barrels of oil (3-5 million Sm3 of oil) at the 25/11-25-S well in production license 169 in the North Sea.
Drilled to a depth of 1,804 meters below the sea level in 125 meters of water by the semisub Transocean Winner, the well is being permanently plugged and abandoned. The purpose of the well was to prove hydrocarbons in Paleogene reservoir rocks.
While the well was not formation tested, extensive data collection and sampling has been carried out. In a release about the discovery, StatoilHydro said, "The discovery is interesting and may, seen in the context of other discoveries in the area, have potential for further development."
Located southwest of the Grane field, production license 169 is named M prospect and was awarded in the 13th concessionary round in 1991. Well 25/11-25-S is the 13th exploration well on the production license.
Transocean Winner will move on to exploration well 25/11-25 A, a sidestep to prove hydrocarbons in a nearby prospect in the same production license. StatoilHydro serves as operator of production license 169 with 57% working interest. Petroro holds 30% interest, and ExxonMobil holds 13% in the license.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)