StatoilHydro's Volve Field On-Stream
The StatoilHydro-operated Volve field in the North Sea came on stream on February 12, 2008.
The Volve field is located around 200 kilometers west of Stavanger in the southern section of the Norwegian continental shelf (NCS). StatoilHydro has a 59.6% interest in the field.
Oil from the field will be produced by using the Maersk Inspirer jack-up rig, while Navion Saga will be used as a storage vessel for further transport.
The gas will be sent to the Sleipner A platform for final processing and export.
Recoverable reserves are estimated at 78.6 million barrels of oil and 1.5 billion standard cubic meters of gas. Production from Volve is expected to reach plateau production of 50,000 barrels per day by the end of the first quarter of 2009.
StatoilHydro is operator of the field and has assigned the operations activities to Maersk. Maersk Inspirer is the world's largest jack-up rig and the only of its kind used for production purposes on the NCS.
Maersk Inspirer started drilling in the summer of 2007 and has also completed the processing plant during this period.
It has been decided to develop the field with eight wells but another five wells are already being planned and matured.
The field production is expected to last for four to five years
The licensees are StatoilHydro (operator) (59.6%), Exxon Mobil (30.4%) and PA Resources(10.0%).
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: PA Resources more info
- PA Resources Completes Divestment of North Sea Assets (Mar 24)
- PA Resources Welcomes New CEO (May 15)
- Noble Finds Oil at Carla South (May 02)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)