ROC Oil Commences Drilling Offshore China
Roc Oil Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of ROC, advises that at noon (local time) on February 12, 2008, the Oremium "Murmanskaya" jack-up rig commenced drilling the Wei 6-12E-1 exploration well, on a stratigraphic-structural prospect approximately 1.7 kilometers east of the Wei 6-12S-1 oil discovery. >P
At 0600 (local time) on February 13, 2008 the current operation was drilling a 17 1/2" hole to 277 mBRT.
Wei 6-12E-1, the second of the planned three well exploration/appraisal drilling program in Block 22/12, is expected to reach a Total Depth of approximately 2,520 mBRT by end February 2008.
Participating Interests in the Block 22/12 Joint Venture are: Roc Oil Company, 40% (Operator); Horizon Oil Limited, 30%; Petsec Petroleum, 25%; Oil Australia Pty Ltd, 5%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Petsec Energy more info
- Petsec Energy Reports Higher Reserves at An Nagyah Oilfield in Yemen (Mar 15)
- Petsec Energy Acquires 100% Stake in Damis Production License (Feb 05)
- Petsec Energy Completes Acquisition of 29.75% Stake in Yemen's Block 7 (Oct 01)
Company: Horizon Oil more info
- Drilling Commences at WZ 12-8W-A6P1 Appraisal Well in China's Beibu Gulf (Nov 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)
- OMV Successfully Completes Maari Redevelopment Project Off New Zealand (Jul 02)