Roc Oil Blows Bubbles at Lilac-1
Roc Oil Pty Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ROC, advises that the Lilac-1 exploration well in WA-286-P, in the North Perth Basin, offshore Western Australia, has drilled to a Total Depth of 1455 mBRT and wireline logging is underway.
The Lilac-1 exploration well encountered sands with weak gas shows and fluorescence. However, preliminary interpretation of mud log, Logging While Drilling (LWD) and drill data indicates that the primary reservoir is water bearing. A final analysis will be made once wireline logging is completed. It is expected that the well will be plugged and abandoned.
The forward program for the Premium WilCraft jackup drilling rig is to move to the second well of the current program, Frankland-2, also in WA-286-P. Frankland-2 will appraise a structure about one kilometer northeast of Frankland-1 which discovered gas in 2007. Frankland-2 is expected to be completed by the end of February 2008.
Participating Interests in the WA-286-P joint venture are Roc Oil with 37.5%, AWE Oil with 27.5%, ARC Energy with 30% and CIECO Exploration and Production with 5%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: CIECO Exploration & Production more info
- Japan Far East Gas, Gazprom Ink MOU for Vladistok LNG Project (Jun 24)
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)