Court Ruling in Seadrill's Favor in Patent Lawsuit
The Oslo District Court rulings today has granted Seadrill full support in Transocean's patent lawsuit against the company. The court invalidated Transocean's patents on both multi-activity offshore drilling apparatus as well as for applying simultaneous operations in offshore drilling activities. All claims against Seadrill were found invalid.
The court ruled that Transocean shall cover all litigation costs.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)