Leni Ups the Ante to 50% of Producing Field in Trinidad

Leni is pleased to announce it has exercised its Option Agreement to purchase the entire share capital of Eastern Petroleum Australia Pty Ltd. Eastern's main asset is a 25% interest in the Icacos Permit which is a 1,900 acre Icacos Oilfield located on the Cedros Peninsula of Southern Trinidad, and lies within the East Venezuelan Basin. Leni Gas has also purchased a further 25% interest in the Icacos permit from Kroes Energy Inc. ("Kroes") giving the Company a total interest of 50% in the field.

This field adheres to the Company's investment strategy to acquire current production with potential for improved production from the existing wells and low-cost exploration.

The field will be jointly owned with the operator of the field Primera Oil, an active participant in the Trinidad petroleum industry. The field has produced oil since its discovery by Premier Oil in 1965, mostly 28API gravity crude, from Miocene age sands of the Upper Cruse Formation at depths of typically between 450 ft and 3,000 ft. The leases expire variously between 2023 and 2028.

Current daily production for the total field is 31 barrels per day from only 3 of 14 wells. It is the intention to increase this level utilising regular well maintenance and modernisation techniques. Previously producing wells are planned to be reconditioned and others reopened to take advantage of renewed demand and pricing of oil. This acquisition brings Leni Gas's current daily production to some 130 barrels.

"The acquisition of 50% of the producing Icacos oilfield in Trinidad provides the company with a foothold in one of the richest oil and gas bearing areas of the world," David Lenigas, Leni executive chairman, commented. "The potential of the Icacos Field fits with the Company's stated strategy of production plus affordable exploration potential. The Company has commissioned TRACS International Consultancy Limited to undertake an immediate review of the Icacos Oilfield with the view to establishing STOIIP and reserve estimates during the coming year."


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Project Manager
Expertise: Engineering Manager|Project Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Technical Coordinator
Expertise: Client Representative|Process Management|Technical Writing
Location: Houston, TX
Executive Assistant
Expertise: Executive|Secretarial or Administrative
Location: United States
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours