Gold Oil Reports on Period Profits
Gold Oil released a statement from Michael Burchell, chairman, as an interim report on the period from May 1, 2007 to Oct. 31, 2007.
According to the statement, Gold Oil had a cash balance of about $12 million, with a profit of $3.1 million.
After Gold Oil acquired nearly 25% of the Irish mineral company Minmet, Minmet decided against a joint plan to gain interest in Cuba while working with Gold Oil. As a result of this decision, Gold Oil sold some of its Minmet shares to a third party at about $35/share, which yielded a profit of about $5.1 million. The shares that were not sold were traded for 22.95 million shares that Gold Oil had previously given to Minmet. Gold Oil plans to continue ahead with ventures in Cuba alone.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
- Gold Oil In Talks for Partner Offshore Peru (May 08)
- Gold Oil Granted License Extension in Peru (Jan 30)
- Gold Oil Extends Survey, Seeks Farm-In Candidates Offshore Peru (Jul 11)
Company: Minmet Plc more info
- Gold Oil Reports on Period Profits (Jan 23)
- Minmet Cancels Purchase of Alaska Oil and Gas (Jan 21)
- Cuba Grants Gold Oil Operator Status (Jun 22)