Awilco's Newest Jackup Nabs $30M Contract in Libya
Awilco Offshore through Premium Drilling has received a Notice of Tender Award from Repsol Exploration Murzuq S.A. for an estimated period of five month drilling program offshore Libya for the jack-up drilling rig WilForce.
The contract value is an estimate of $30 million (excluding mobilization and demobilization costs). Operation is scheduled to commence following completion of mobilization to Libya expected during third quarter 2008.
WilForce is under construction at PPL Shipyard in Singapore. The rig is scheduled for delivery at the end of first quarter 2008. WilForce is Awilco Offshore's fifth jack-up new building, and is equipped for high pressure/ high temperature drilling in water depths up to 375ft.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)