Petrobras Awards Technip $300 Million in Ultra-Deepwater Contracts
Technip has been awarded two major contracts by Petrobras America, a subsidiary of Petrobras, worth a total of over USD 300 million, for the development of the Cascade and Chinook gas fields, located in the Walker Ridge area of the Gulf of Mexico, in 8,200 and 8,800 feet of water, respectively.
The first contract covers the engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) of five free standing hybrid riser(1) systems for both Cascade and Chinook fields.
The second contract covers the installation of the Cascade infield flowlines(2) and gas export pipeline and includes: welding of approximately 120km of 6 and 9 steel pipelines, design and fabrication of 10 PLET(3) and 2 in-line tees(4), installation of the pipelines and associated structures.
Technips operating center in Houston, Texas, will execute the contracts. The pipelines will be welded at the Groups spoolbase in Mobile, Alabama.
Offshore installation is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2009, using Technips vessels Deep Blue and Constructor.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)