Xtract: Epenarra Darwin Production Testing to Start
The rig is preparing to commence the Epenarra Darwin formation production test. The 9 5/8 inch production packer seal assembly has been set at 3075 meters just above facies C and the rig is currently making up the TCP (casing perforating) guns and running into the well with the test string. It is expected that the 9 5/8 inch casing will be perforated tomorrow morning and production testing of the facies C gas charged zones of the Epenarra structure will be undertaken.
Heron-2 is being drilled by Seadrill's West Atlas jackup rig contracted to MEO for two firm wells. It was spudded at on October 12, 2007 in Exploration Permit, NT/P68. The Heron-2 well is designed as a vertical well to penetrate and production test the Epenarra Darwin Formation and the deeper Elang/Plover Formation of the Heron North structure.
The Heron-1 well drilled by ARCO in 1972 intersected a 52-meter gas bearing column in the Darwin Formation (a fractured carbonate reservoir) within the 1,200 square-kilometer mapped closure of the large Epenarra structure. Heron-1 also reached a gas charged zone in the deeper underlying Elang/Plover horizon, which is a secondary objective for the Heron-2 well.
The participants in the well and permit are TSP Arafura Petroleum Pty Ltd (MEO subsidiary) with 45%, Oz-Exoil Pty Ltd (MEO subsidiary) with 45% and Petrofac Energy Developments Oceania Ltd with 10%. Xtract currently holds approximately 15.7% of the issued capital of MEO.
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Xtract Energy more info
- Zeta Petroleum CEO Steps Down (Oct 14)
- Chevron Drills Ahead at Netherlands Well Despite Bad Weather (Jan 11)
- Xtract Welcomes Executive Director (May 20)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)