StatoilHydro Gets PSA Norway's Consent to Drill in Barents Sea
StatoilHydro has received consent for exploration drilling in the Barents Sea with the semisub Polar Pioneer.
The consent applies to appraisal drilling on well 7123/4-1 S and sidetrack 7123/4-1 A.
The water depth at the site is approximately 406 meters. The distance to nearest landfall is 68 kilometers.
The drilling is scheduled to start as soon as Polar Pioneer finishes the drilling operation on well 7222/6-1.
Polar Pioneer is operated by Transocean Offshore. The operation has an estimated duration of 58 days.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)