Oil Search (PNG) Limited - Papua New Guinea Farm-In Opportunity
IndigoPool reports that Oil Search (PNG) Limited (the Operator) is seeking a partner to join in the testing of an exciting new exploration play located in Petroleum Prospecting License (PPL) 190, Papua New Guinea.
The Cobra prospect, a seismically defined structure, with upside recoverable potential of 75 MMBO, is close to existing production infrastructure. Oil Search is offering up to 20% of its 62.556% equity in the license.
Cobra 1 will be the first exploration well within the Papuan Fold Belt to purposely target this play type as the primary objective. Success of the well would open up a significant new play fairway. PNG offers an attractive tax / royalty fiscal regime with relatively high contractor take.
- STEP Energy Seeks Partner for UK North Sea Tristan Re-Entry (Sep 15)
- Petro-Victory Looks for Farm-In Partner on Paraguayan Block (Jan 27)
- Mobil North Sea Offers UK Faroe/Shetland Basin Acquisition Opportunity (Aug 21)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)