PSA to Investigate Oil Spill at Draugen Field
The PSA will investigate an oil spill in connection with loading from Draugen to Navion Scandia on Thursday, January 10.
Preliminary estimates indicate that the discharge amounted to slightly less than 10 cubic meters.
Draugen is located on Haltenbanken in the Norwegian Sea, and is operated by Shell.
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway established its emergency center after being notified of the discharge Thursday morning.
The PSA's task in an emergency situation is to supervise how the operator handles the incident.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)