Matra Contracts Rotary Drilling of Hungary to Conduct Production Testing

Matra Petroleum has signed a contract with Rotary Drilling of Hungary to supply a workover rig to conduct production testing on the two discovery wells drilled in 2007.

The rig is expected to mobilize to Horvatkut-1 later this week and commence operations at the weekend. The program is estimated to take approximately 10 days per well. This together with the move from Horvatkut-1 to Marcali-1 and mobilization and demobilization means a program of around 25-30 days in total.

Peter Hind, Matra's Managing Director said "The tests will more clearly define the productive intervals and well capabilities and assist in defining reserves. It is the next step on the road to commercializing these discoveries and an important milestone in the development of the Concession."

Matra has a 40% interest in the wells and the Inke Concession. Horizon Hungarian Energy (a subsidiary of Aspect Energy) owns the remaining 60%.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
U.S. Zanesville: Sr Field Engineer - Directional Drilling
Expertise: Directional Driller
Location: Zanesville, OH
 
United States Duncan: Entry Level Machine Operator
Expertise: Heavy Machinery Operator
Location: Duncan, OK
 
United States Denver: Engineer - Well Design
Expertise: Design Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53.92/BBL 2.79%
Light Crude Oil : $51.08/BBL 2.66%
Natural Gas : $3.3/MMBtu 3.22%
Updated in last 24 hours