Superior Signs $750 Million in Contracts to Plug and Decommission Platforms
Superior Energy Services, Inc. has announced that its subsidiary, Wild Well Control, Inc., has signed contracts with subsidiaries of BP plc, Chevron Corporation and Apache Corporation to decommission seven downed platforms and related well facilities located offshore Louisiana for a fixed sum of $750 million.
The work will take place in water depths ranging from 85 feet to 135 feet and is expected to take three years to complete. Revenue and income will be recognized using the percentage-of-completion method.
Terence Hall, Chairman and CEO of Superior, stated, "Since 1992, our subsidiary, Wild Well Control, has successfully engineered, planned, managed and/or executed numerous projects of similar size, scope and complexity, and in all cases has completed these projects on time and within their customers' budgets. During the past three years alone, Wild Well Control has gained access to and plugged and abandoned more than 340 wells on 30 downed platforms in water depths of up to 340 feet, which required the removal of more than 15,000 metric tons of steel structure and more than 400 pressurized and unpressurized entries into wells, all involving more than 830,000 diving manhours and almost 6,500 remotely operated vehicle runs. As a result, we believe our body of work makes us uniquely qualified to successfully execute this project.
"Our approach to this project will be similar to many of our recently completed projects and will involve the same expertise, proprietary tools and processes, as well as the utilization of Superior's well intervention, marine assets, rental tools and deployment of best-in-class resources. We appreciate the confidence that Apache, BP and Chevron are showing in our work experience and in our ability to execute this project in a safe, efficient and timely manner."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: BP plc more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Superior Energy Services more info
- Superior Energy Eliminates Dividend (Mar 31)
- PMI Energy Services Sets Up New Shorebase in Morgan City (Oct 22)
- Oil Billionaire Hamm Sold Superior Energy Stake Citing Weak Returns (Aug 11)