Pipeline Commissioned in Azerbaijan
In order to meet local needs for gas the President of Azerbaijan Republic Ilham Aliyev gave SOCAR the order to increase the oil production up to 8 billion cubic meters. SOCAR followed the order by enacting a special program of constructing pipelines and accelerating drilling activities.
On Dec. 25, the 66.6-kilometer pipeline constructed within the Gas Program of SOCAR was commissioned. The pipeline connecting Neft Dashlary and Bahar fields was projected by the Oil and Gas Projects Institute with the order of May 28 OGED.
The main contractor of the project was the Oil and Gas Construction Trust and the subcontractor was McDermott Company. The pipe laying ship named after Israphil Huseynov operated during the construction processes.
Eight million cubic meters of gas will run daily from Gunashli field to shore through 500-mm pipeline.
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Boost Its Share In New Deal With BP On Oil Fields (Sep 08)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR Sees H2 2016 Net Profit At $298 MM (Jan 17)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)