Woodside Completes Sale of Mauritania Interest to Petronas
Woodside announced today that the sale of its Mauritanian interests is complete. Petronas Australia Pty. Limited agreed to buy the interests in September 2007 for U.S. $418 million.
Petronas will now have significant interests in eight upstream acreages in Mauritania, including offshore PSC A and PSC B areas; the producing Chinguetti oil field in PSC B; offshore Blocks 2, 6 and 7; and onshore Blocks Ta11 and Ta12.
Petronas already held a 35% interest in Block 6, and except for Block 7, the company will now assume operatorship in all the acreages involved in the acquisition.
Many of the acreages show significant oil and gas potential in the existing Tiof, Banda, Tevet and Pelican discoveries and in numerous identified exploration prospects.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
- JERA's New LNG Contract With Petronas Foretells Smaller, Shorter Deals (Oct 25)