Drilling Continues on NW Paua 1 Well
Oil Search Limited reports that the NW Paua 1 exploration well is at a depth of 1,293 meters and drilling ahead in a 17-1/2" hole. Progress for the week was 1,190 meters. NW Paua 1 is located in PDL 5, five kilometers northeast of the Moran oil field and six kilometers northwest of Paua 1x.
Paua 1x was drilled on the steeply dipping and faulted fore limb of the Paua anticline in the mid 1990s and encountered oil shows in the Toro Sandstone and recovered oil from the Iagifu Sandstone. NW Paua 1 is targeting the Toro and Digimu sandstones in a more optimal location on the known hanging-wall structure. The planned total depth of the well is 3,377 meters.
The participants in NW Paua 1 are Oil Search Limited with 52.5% interest and ExxonMobil with 47.5%.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)