On January 21, 2003, Statoil's HSE committee for the Gullfaks platforms awarded Prosafe its HSE-prize for the second half-year of 2002. Prosafe received the prize for the modification projects in the drilling areas.
Statoil's HSE committee substantiates the award as follows:
- the projects have been conducted with a dedicated HSE representative
- the modifications have been based on a long-term strategy in order to achieve Statoil's zero-mindset philosophy
- there has been installed similar equipment on the platforms, which contributes to a safer and more effective alternation of phases between the platforms
- experience from several licenses has been used in order to achieve the best solutions
- HSE requirements and operational requirements have been put on equal footing when selecting equipment and systems
- HSE work combined with quality work and good craftsmanship have so far for these three projects given good operational results, both with regards to the reported undesired accidents, and to drilling performance/low downtime
Safety is a fundamental core value for Prosafe. We are continuously focusing on improving our safety records, amongst others by conducting systematic and targeted safety management programs.
Statoil's recognition of our HSE efforts on the Gullfaks platform confirms that we are on the right track.