KNOC Awards Petrofac’s SPD with Long-Term Global Contract
Petrofac, the international oil and gas facilities service provider, announces that its well operations business, SPD, the international well engineering company, has been awarded a long-term global contract by the Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) for the provision of drilling management support services.
The multi-million dollar contract, which was signed by both parties this week, includes operations in Canada, Kamchatka, Kazakhstan, Korea, Nigeria and Yemen covering both onshore and offshore operations.
SPD Business Development Manager Huw Lumley said, "SPD’s relationship with KNOC has been built steadily from mutual trust and aligned objectives, and one of the cornerstones of the formalized agreement is the sharing and transfer of knowledge and experience. This contract goes beyond simply providing drilling management services and encompasses formal and informal training for KNOC personnel over an extended period."
SPD Operations Director Alistair Davidson added, "The award of this contract is another significant milestone for SPD and we look forward to developing our alliance with KNOC through this long-term contract. The scope and variety of the operations that KNOC faces over the coming years is extremely diverse and interesting and we welcome these challenges."
A KNOC representative commented, "This prestigious and unprecedented contract has been awarded to SPD on the basis of their technical excellence in the field of drilling management. KNOC has many exciting and challenging operations across the globe over the next few years and we look forward to developing this partnership and using SPD’s experience in the international arena."
The contract is the latest in a series of projects and ongoing well engineering and project management support contracts won by SPD since its establishment in Dubai in September 2002.
- S.Korea's KNOC Says Drops Oil Field Project in Iraq's Sangaw South (Aug 22)
- S.Korea's KNOC In Talks With Kazakhstan To Drop Oil Field Project (Aug 05)
- S.Korea to Focus on Exploration as Cuts Overseas Energy Spend (Dec 04)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: SPD Group Limited more info
- IDS Provides Reporting Tools for SPD's Chablis Field Operations (Oct 01)
- Plexus to Provide Wellhead Systems for SPD's North Sea Project (Aug 18)
- KNOC Awards Petrofac’s SPD with Long-Term Global Contract (Dec 20)