Talisman Starts Wood Field Production in the North Sea

Talisman North Sea Limited has commenced production from the Wood Field. The field is expected to produce at a peak rate of 6,000 bbls/d of oil and 16 mmcf/d of natural gas. The new facilities will allow the export of an additional 9 mmcf/d from the Montrose, Arbroath, Arkwright and Brechin ("MonArb") fields.

The Wood field is located approximately 130 miles east of Aberdeen, six miles southeast of the Montrose platform in UKCS Block 22/18.

As part of this development, the Wood and Gas Export (WaGE) module was installed on the Montrose platform in 2006, providing Wood with production processing and natural gas compression facilities. Natural gas production from Wood and MonArb will be exported via a new six inch gas pipeline connected to the Central Area Transmission System (CATS). Oil from Wood is co-mingled with production from MonArb and exported via the Forties pipeline system.

Talisman North Sea Limited (58.97%) is the operator, with Energy North Sea Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, holding the remaining 41.03% interest.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Frac Supervisor - San Antonio, Texas
Expertise: Fracturing|Well Control|Workover or Completion
Location: San Antonio, 
Frac Supervisor - Shreveport, Louisiana
Expertise: Fracturing|Stimulation |Well Control
Location: Shreveport, 
Frac Supervisor - El Reno, Oklahoma
Expertise: Fracturing|Perforation|Stimulation
Location: El Reno, 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.2/BBL 3.29%
Light Crude Oil : $47.89/BBL 3.34%
Natural Gas : $2.94/MMBtu 1.37%
Updated in last 24 hours