Talisman Starts Wood Field Production in the North Sea
Talisman North Sea Limited has commenced production from the Wood Field. The field is expected to produce at a peak rate of 6,000 bbls/d of oil and 16 mmcf/d of natural gas. The new facilities will allow the export of an additional 9 mmcf/d from the Montrose, Arbroath, Arkwright and Brechin ("MonArb") fields.
The Wood field is located approximately 130 miles east of Aberdeen, six miles southeast of the Montrose platform in UKCS Block 22/18.
As part of this development, the Wood and Gas Export (WaGE) module was installed on the Montrose platform in 2006, providing Wood with production processing and natural gas compression facilities. Natural gas production from Wood and MonArb will be exported via a new six inch gas pipeline connected to the Central Area Transmission System (CATS). Oil from Wood is co-mingled with production from MonArb and exported via the Forties pipeline system.
Talisman North Sea Limited (58.97%) is the operator, with Energy North Sea Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, holding the remaining 41.03% interest.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Maurbeni more info
- Iran Sanctions May Force BP To Shut UK Gas Field Earlier Than Planned (Mar 26)
- Talisman Starts Wood Field Production in the North Sea (Dec 19)
- SK Energy Sells Stake in Peru LNG to Marubeni (Aug 29)