Granby Secures Second Rig Slot for Central North Sea Drilling
Granby Oil and Gas has reached an agreement with Senergy Limited to utilize the semi-submersible drilling rig Byford Dolphin to drill a well in the central North Sea in mid-2008.
On completion of the interpretation of four new seismic surveys which were acquired earlier in 2007, Granby will decide in early 2008 which of its prospects will be drilled with this rig. The rig could also be utilized for farm in to an appraisal or development opportunity."This is the second semi submersible rig slot that we have secured for 2008 which will ensure continuing drilling activity for Granby," said Granby Managing Director David Grassick. "We have three wells currently drilling, and are already preparing for at least three more wells in 2008, including the Monkwell discovery where we now have a 20% interest."
- Granby: Tristan NW Gas Development Successfully Drilled and Tested (Feb 28)
- Granby and Petro-Canada Agree to Cross Assignment in UKCS Quad 13 (Feb 06)
- Granby Completes Drilling in N. Sea, First Gas Delayed (Jan 28)
Company: Senergy more info
- Solo Confirms Presence of Gas Resources at Tanzanian Assets (May 14)
- Senergy Expects to Hire More Staff in London, Jakarta (Jan 15)
- Senergy Expands Survey, Geo-engineering Unit (Sep 24)