Maurel & Prom Service Agreement Transfers to Lagopetrol
Maurel & Prom signed a final agreement with PdVSA on Dec. 12, transferring the service contract from Hocol Venezuela to the Lagopetrol mixed enterprise.
Maurel & Prom holds 26.35% of the rights of this mixed enterprise and, as of today, 31% of the share capital together with its local partners.
This agreement requires PdVSA to pay Maurel & Prom a tax-free fee of approximately U.S. $5 million for work carried out in 2006.
Moreover, this agreement is signed with retrospective effect in relation to the 2007 Group production at a level of about 1,000 barrels per day, entitled, net of oil royalties paid in kind (33.33%).
The Group is now finalizing the accounting method process of these operations in Venezuela for the whole of 2007.
The Maurel & Prom Group thereby confirms its strategic interest in oil activities in Venezuela.
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)