Harvest Natural Resources Acquires Interest in Gabon Exploration Block
Harvest Natural Resources has executed a sale and purchase agreement to acquire a 50% operated interest in the Dussafu Marin Exploration Production Sharing Contract (PSC) located offshore Gabon from Sasol Petroleum West Africa Limited.
The acquisition is subject to the approval of the Government of the Republic of Gabon and the coventurers in the PSC. The PSC contains 680,000 acres located at water depths ranging from zero to 1,000 feet.
Harvest President and CEO James Edmiston said, "The Dussafu PSC lies within an active proven hydrocarbon basin containing significant production and infrastructure in contiguous blocks and provides Harvest with exposure to multiple medium to low risk exploration plays and a preexisting small oil discovery."
The PSC coventurers recently agreed to enter into the three-year second exploration phase of the PSC with an effective date of May 28, 2007.
The second exploration phase work commitment includes the acquisition and processing of 500 kilometers of 2D seismic, geology and geophysical interpretation, engineering studies and the drilling of a conditional well.
- Venezuela Wants Oil Firm Harvest Out, If It Can Find Deep-Pocketed Buyer (Apr 20)
- Harvest Scores Another Success Offshore Gabon (Feb 11)
- West African Find for Harvest (Jan 04)
Company: Sasol Limited more info
- Sasol Shifts Strategy, Evaluates Chemical Business Split (Nov 29)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Sasol Tempers Return Expectations for $11 Billion Project (Aug 21)