StatoilHydro Gets Go Ahead to Use the Subsea Facility for Tordis IOR
StatoilHydro has received consent to use the subsea facility for Tordis Increased Oil Recovery (IOR).
The Tordis field is located in the Tampen area between Statfjord and Visund. The field is developed with several subsea installations tied in to the Gullfaks C facility. Oil has been produced from the field since 1994.
Tordis IOR entails increased oil recovery from the Tordis field by switching to low pressure production. This is accomplished through modifications on the Gullfaks C platform and by installation of a facility for seabed separation.
Increased oil recovery with low pressure production from the Tordis field started in the fall of 2006, while this consent relates in part to the start-up of seabed separation.
The Tordis IOR project is the first in the world to use full-scale seabed separation.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)