StatoilHydro Gets OK to Use Songa Dee on Troll
StatoilHydro has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to use the Songa Dee semisub for production drilling and completion of wells on the Troll field.
The rig has operated on Troll for Norsk Hydro since January 2005. StatoilHydro has a consent to use Songa Dee on Troll until December 31, 2007.
The new consent relates to drilling/completion of six wells. The activity has an expected duration of about 18 months.
The Songa Dee received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in December 2004. The rig is operated by Stena Drilling.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)