SBM Offshore to Provide Turret for Skarv FPSO
SBM Offshore has received a contract from BP Norge AS for the turnkey supply of an internal turret the Skarv FPSO. The turret will be delivered to Samsung Heavy Industries in Korea for integration into the FPSO hull.
The turret will be the largest in the world in terms of mooring loads. It will be of the well proven SBM bogie-wheel type design similar to that of the BP Schiehallion FPSO and other large units recently installed on Brazilian deepwater fields.
The delivery of the turret mooring system is scheduled for March 2010 at SHI shipyard in Korea.
The total value of this contract is approximately US $250 million.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)