Jurong Shipyard Takes Stake in Jurong Marine Engineering & Technology

SembCorp Marineís wholly-owned subsidiary, Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd (JSPL) has entered into an agreement to acquire a 70 percent equity stake in Shanghai Jurong Marine Engineering & Technology Co. Ltd (JSMET). JSMET offers services for marine design work.

The net consideration for the 70 percent equity stake at RMB1.75 million (or approximately S$350,000) is based on the net tangible assets of JSMET and on a willing buyer and willing seller basis. Long-time business associate and Chinese partner, Zhao Weimin will own the remaining 30 per cent at RMB 0.75 million (or approximately S$150,000).

JSMET is based in Shanghai. It undertakes design and drafting work assigned by JSPL. It will also recruit engineers in China to provide the design and drafting back-up for the projects.

The above investment is not expected to have a material impact on SembCorp Marineís earnings per share and net tangible asset per share for the current financial year. The acquisition will be funded from JSPLís own internal resources.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Business Development Analyst
Expertise: Business Analyst|Business Development
Location: Chesapeake, VA
 
Attorney I
Expertise: Contracts Administration|Legal
Location: Houston, 
 
Community Relations Manager Job
Expertise: Legal|PR / Corporate Communications|Project Management
Location: Red Wing, MN
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.49/BBL 2.45%
Light Crude Oil : $52.42/BBL 2.04%
Natural Gas : $3.2/MMBtu 5.04%
Updated in last 24 hours