Jurong Shipyard Takes Stake in Jurong Marine Engineering & Technology
SembCorp Marine’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd (JSPL) has entered into an agreement to acquire a 70 percent equity stake in Shanghai Jurong Marine Engineering & Technology Co. Ltd (JSMET). JSMET offers services for marine design work.
The net consideration for the 70 percent equity stake at RMB1.75 million (or approximately S$350,000) is based on the net tangible assets of JSMET and on a willing buyer and willing seller basis. Long-time business associate and Chinese partner, Zhao Weimin will own the remaining 30 per cent at RMB 0.75 million (or approximately S$150,000).
JSMET is based in Shanghai. It undertakes design and drafting work assigned by JSPL. It will also recruit engineers in China to provide the design and drafting back-up for the projects.
The above investment is not expected to have a material impact on SembCorp
Marine’s earnings per share and net tangible asset per share for the current
financial year. The acquisition will be funded from JSPL’s own internal resources.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)