Fire Extinguished on Songa Dee
On December 4th at 13:55, smoke was reported on the Songa Dee drilling rig. This resulted from sparks in a ventilation room. At 15:05, the fire was confirmed to be extinguished and cooling down work started.
The rig, operated by Stena Drilling, is carrying out work for StatoilHydro at the Troll field. The rig was not connected to any well when the incident occurred.
There are 100 people on board. No injuries are reported as a result of the smoke and sparks.
StatoilHydro has mustered its emergency response organization and has helicopters and standby vessels in the area.
Weather conditions are favorable.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)