KBR to Provide Engineering Services for Petrobras' Cascade & Chinook Field
KBR's wholly-owned subsidiary, Granherne, Inc., has been awarded a three-year engineering services contract by Petrobras America, a subsidiary of Petrobras.
KBR subsidiary Granherne marine group will serve as Owner's Engineer to Petrobras America. The scope of work comprises engineering services on the Cascade and Chinook developments in Walker Ridge area of the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
"This award demonstrates KBR and Granherne's commitment to Petrobras' deepwater projects as well as our ongoing participation in deepwater Gulf of Mexico", said Richard D'Souza, General Manager of Granherne, Inc. "KBR has a proven track record of executing complex projects and we look forward to showcasing that expertise while assisting Petrobras on this venture".
Granherne will be providing technical support for design of the hull for the early production system (EPS), floating production storage and offloading system (FPSO), and later phase full field development (FFD). The FPSO will be located in approximately 2,600 meters of water. The Cascade/Chinook FPSO, when deployed, will be the first in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and will be the world's deepest FPSO to date.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)